So I’ve been working on a toddler quilt with an underwater theme. Yes, I started another project. Crazy, I know. Anyway, my boss is adopting a 15 month old boy from China and will be back in a couple of weeks. I found this great fabric that I just love and it fits very well into the room decor.
So, I got started with an inspiration pattern from a scrappy quilt book that I have and combined some other elements of other quilts that I have seen. I then started my Electric Quilt software and designed with those elements in mind.
I found this fabulous chalkboard fabric that I’m going to use for the back. I used that and letters and numbers to get him familiar with English language and I sure hope the parents find it useful.
I think I got pretty close to my original design and I’m really happy with it. I’m at the basting stage and it’s been a little windy outside and I’ve been a little lazy. But, I want to attempt to spray baste this quilt. I’ve never tried a larger one for this process. I’ll need to get it done this weekend so I can start actually quilting it. Wish me luck.