This week contained many projects finished, started, worked on, and designed. It started on Sunday with the design and start of the Stroller Symphony stroller blanket. I went with a large log cabin design and decided to border and back it with some Minkee fabric.
I’d never worked with the Minkee fabric before so I did a little research and found a lot of tips to get the best out of the experience:
1. Cut with a rotary cutter to decrease shedding.
2. Pin and pin and pin and pin and pin and pin to avoid slipping while sewing.
3. Sew with the Minkee down so the feed dogs can grab it and pull it evenly.
4. If you must iron then put a towel over it so that it won’t melt (it is polyester and will melt with direct heat).
5. Keep a lint roller handy and do a clean sweep of all your implements after sewing the Minkee to de-fuzz your equipment and work area.
I pinned in a cross-hatch pattern so that it was pinned in both directions and would not move.