I’ve got a couple of finishes to share this week. First is the Birds and the Bees Triangle Quilt. I cleared the space on my dining room floor and taped it down to pin baste. While the space was all cleared, I did another quilt as well but that’s for another post.
I quilted the same as The Sassy Quilter did on her initial triangle quilt post – 1/4 inch from the seam on all the triangles.
Then I machine bound with strips of the dot fabric that I used throughout this quilt top. This was my first time binding a quilt in this manner. I am self-taught and have used the fold over from the back method on all of my previous quilts. It was the first way I learned and I stuck with it. It was simple and there were no extra steps involved other than making sure the backing fabric also looked good when folded over to the front.
So I cut my dot fabric into 2 1/2 in inch strips and sewed them together until it was long enough to go around the quilt. I folded and pressed and attached to the quilt top using the same technique I followed for the next featured project in this post and some tips I got from Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation.
It was my first go at a separate binding fabric and I like how it turned out and I think I got those mitered corners to work out.
My second project was the Sew Together Bag from Sew Demented. I purchased my pattern on Craftsy. I followed the Sew-along at The Quilt Barn as well as the instructions on the pattern. Using both together really helped me understand the process of making this bag.
I had someone in mind when I started this project and found the Glamping line by Moda. It was perfect! I just knew she would love it.