The new year is here and I have been in an organizing frenzy. I’ve been creating, in my head, all the things I want to accomplish this year. I thought I would throw the quilty ones out here and see if I can follow-through with them. So, it is now time for My Quilty Resolutions!
- I will finish those UFOs that are cluttering up my sewing area in the form of quilt tops or blocks not yet put into quilt tops.
- I will limit my stash buying to items I think are awesome, items needed to finish current in-progress quilt tops, backing fabric if I cannot or do not want to piece a back with the scraps. I will also be joining Jenn from A Quarter Inch from the Edge in her The Year of the Stash 2016.
- I will continue to organize my sewing area to keep it tidy. I will need to destash all fabric that is no longer my style or that I cannot see that I will ever use in any project. I may try to sell it or I may just donate some of it. I think the older stuff, especially the fat quarters from Joann’s that are way too thin for anything I would sew now, will be donated.
- I will self-design patterns and make them available to the quiltiverse via Craftsy or free on my blog. This will be a big challenge for me as I develop the skills needed to accomplish it.
- I will continue to challenge my skills where the actual quilting is concerned. I am venturing out of straight lines and hope to get moving toward more free-motion quilting. I don’t like to practice anything so that could be my downfall here. I just want to jump in and get it done. However, I know that practice is key to training your muscle memory where FMQ is involved so I will try to practice and become more confident in my skills in this area.
Let me know your Quilty Resolutions by linking up your post, you can also grab the My Quilty Resolutions button from my sidebar for your blog. I look forward to seeing what we can all accomplish in 2016!