I pulled another old work-in-progress out of hiding and went about figuring out how I wanted to finish it. The blocks are from The Beehive Quilts quilting bee that I took part in a few years back. I had chosen the Fizzy Block as my block with teals and charcoal greys as my color choices. My sample blocks showed the placement of the colors.The group was supposed to send 2 blocks to each member of the ‘hive’. I actually did not receive all the blocks that I was supposed to receive but that is the chance you take signing up for this type of group. So, I went to work making more blocks to get up to the quantity of 24 that was required of the bee.It was smaller than I wanted and didn’t give quite the punch that I was expecting. I want those curves to really shine. So, I cut out more blocks and more blocks and more blocks.Now, I’ve decided that I want to put it on my bed. So, guess what? I need to cut out even more blocks to get it to be a queen size quilt. I think I’m now at about 48 of the 12″ blocks, in varying degrees of completion, with the possibility of more to come. I may need at least 8 or 10 more. Keep in mind that each block takes four sections of the large drunkards path block and I really am getting tired of cutting them out. I also had to recut my template piece as it was getting a bit distorted in shape and was messing with my block sizing. All this cutting is really digging into my teal and charcoal stash and I will be sad if it depletes too much more.
Well, I haven’t increased my teal or grey stash but recently got in the newest monthly Cotton + Steel Basics bundle from Pink Castle Fabrics.Not a teal or grey in the bunch but still a pretty sight to see. I just love the metallics in this Basics collection. They shimmer so bright and will add just the right amount of glitter to any project.